Get a FREE
ENU Intro Pack*
Coconut Date Balls Recipe Using ENU Pro3+ Nutritional Powder
Preparation Time: approximately 10 minutes
Serving Size: 4 (1 oz) balls (Makes about 7 servings)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups Medjood dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 14 scoops ENU PRO3+
- In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly.
- Add in the dates, vanilla, salt, water, and ENU PRO3+; process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Optional: roll in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
Turn-Out and Storage
Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Analysis (per serving)
- 488 calories
- 29g fat
- 8g protein
- 47g carbohydrate
- 237mg sodium
Recipe prepared by Zachari Breeding, MS, RDN, CSO, LDN, FAND
Zachari is a professional chef and clinical dietitian in Philadelphia and recently received his certified specialization in oncology nutrition. Zach is a contributing author to Food and Nutrition Magazine and the Stone Soup blog. In addition, he is the President of a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to those living with cystic fibrosis and the Owner of Sage Nutritious Solutions, a personal catering/nutrition business. For more information about Zach, visit his website www.the-sage.org.